Monday, May 24, 2010

monday's buttons - week 1

This is going to be harder AND easier than I thought.  It's going to be harder because there are a ton of buttons out there that inspire me.  It's going to be easier because there are a ton of buttons out there that inspire me.  Hmmm . . . funny how that works. 

Each week I'm going to feature two to four buttons from various blogs.  I don't have any criteria for the buttons I feature.  I just have to like them.  How's that for strict feature requirements?


First, Green Momma's button caught my eye right away.  I even e-mailed Green Momma's creator to ask her a few questions about her button.  Kim, from Green Momma, had this to say about her simple but super little button:

1) What do you like best about your button?
I love that it's a tree! I love trees, and I'm such a tree hugger. I've always been in love with trees, wanting to know what kind of tree they are, and I love the forest, etc. I guess I my favorite thing about it is that it's green, and a tree. :)

2) Did you craft it yourself or did you commission/inspire someone else to craft it for you? If you crafted it, what program/software did you use?
My husband made my button for me, and I believe he used Adobe photoshop.

3) What do you think is the most important thing about a blog button?
I think the most important thing about a blog button is that it should be the right size, and be relative to your site.

 
UndertheTableandDreaming
Second, I'm loving Stephanie Lynn's button over at Under the Table and Dreaming.  Having made my own button recently, I look at this and think, "Wow, that was a lot of work!"  She as a great site, and I'm thankful for all the inspiration I've found located in her posts.  Here's what she had to say:

1) What do you like best about your button?
I like the fact that it incorporates my blogs design. The background is the same as my blog as well as the graphic, just a different color.

2) Did you craft it yourself or did you commission/inspire someone else to craft it for you?
I made it myself to coordinate with my blog.

3) What do you think is the most important thing about a blog button?
Buttons that are simple and a little stylish. I like buttons that are more neutral or low key in color too! (I like a versatile button that looks appealing on any blog that is it placed on.)

 
DillyDallyandFlitter


The last button I'm showing off is one I just happened upon.  I haven't actually read Dilly Dally and Flitter . . . yet, but I have plans too because I love the button.  I do know that this blog's creator is Michelle and that she has one nifty button. 




So those are the buttons this week.  Go take a look at the blogs behind the buttons if you have a moment.  Also, if you happen upon a great button or perhaps you have a button on your blog that you love, please let me know.  I would love to have you help me in my search for buttons that inspire. 

Craft on!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that Dilly Dally and Flitter button!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Thanks Elizabeth for adding my button to your weekly write up. I enjoy reading what others have to say and the meanings behind them. What a fabulous idea! Hope you are enjoying your week! Thanks again! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Related Posts with Thumbnails