Saturday, February 6, 2010

saturday spotlight - let's eat cake!


I'm a big believer in the fact that crafting takes many forms . . . whether it's cute clothes for a dancing chicken, a beautifully reupholstered chair or a cleverly decorated cake.  That's why this week I'm shining the spotlight on my friend Jennifer Probst who owns JK Country Bakery with her husband, Keith.  Jennifer is an incredibly talented baker.  Everything she makes tastes d-e-licious!  I'm a super big fan of her monster bars, apple pie and pumpkin cookies.  I'm not ashamed to say that I could eat an entire plate of her monster bars in one day.  (Okay, I'm a little ashamed to say that, but they are THAT good!)  Jennifer made this pirate ship cake, and I think it looks almost too good to eat.  Although . . . I bet the little boy whose birthday it was for had no trouble digging into it.

Here are some of her other cute creations.


If you live in the area and have a need for a sweet treat, give Jennifer a call at 712-756-4462 or you can check her bakery page out on Facebook.  (Don't worry I don't just post people's phone numbers on the internet for every nutcase to see - not that anyone who reads this blog is a nutcase.  Jennifer gave me permission to toot her horn a bit and post her contact info.  Thanks so much Jennifer!)

I'm using Jennifer's inspirational cakes to craft my own cake-creation this weekend for my youngest daughter's second birthday.  What will you be inspired to create?

Craft on!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails